A quick update on what I’ve been up to and showing some work progress.
My work suffered due to winter sicknesses and school break, but it was on my mind during that time. I was able to print a successful trial print of the woods, after which I started thinking about painting the sky above the trees. I tried different watercolor techniques, and also watched YouTube clips to get some ideas of how to create a picture of the sky in watercolors.
This was the subsequent painting
After a day or so the painting seemed too nice and, bearing in mind that it was just the first attempt at painting sky and woods background, I had to ask myself if I wanted to follow that direction. And so during my kid’s school break I kept thinking about the sky painting that would work for me. At the end I felt that the sky should be loosely painted so that it would appear light and playful. Easily said than done!
Here are the sketches that I’m willing to share, you can only imagine what the others looked like, but probably shouldn’t . . . They do get better toward the end.
Another thing I should probably mention is color choices. Between turquoise and cerulean blue I ended up mixing my own sky color.
And so the painting I liked most is pinned to the cork board above my table, and to the top of this post . . . and I can finally move on to printing.